8.25.2010

an "egg"cident

A little background:
I was in the bathroom and could hear the boys slapping each other. I shouted for them to "make some eggs". This usually entails getting out some pots & pans and some of my cooking utensils.
I heard them getting into the pots & pans, and then I heard Logan say, "Oh, no. Mommy... hands! Oh no!"
So I ran into the kitchen and found that the boys had indeed followed my directions, and were making eggs.  Real eggs.  (Apparently they like ketchup with it, too.)  They had only broken two eggs, but Jack's legs & hands were covered in yoke. I promptly grabbed the camera, took some pictures, put the boys in timeout while I cleaned the floor and then got them into the bath tub.  I was upset, but I couldn't really get mad... They were just doing what Mommy said!

That afternoon we took a drive to Babies R Us and got a refrigerator lock.

And now when they try to open the fridge and can't, they say, "Only Daddy cooks eggs."

4 comments:

Julie said...

That's so cute, because it wasn't me who had to clean up the mess!

Rox said...

Hahaha! They're LITERAL! Hmmm, maybe like a little girl I know who WASHED THE FISH?!!! LOL!

Julie said...

This is so so funny! What cute kids and good listeners. It makes you wish they would listen better when you're asking them other things too doesn't it.

Rebecca Jackson said...

That is hysterical!!! What good listeners you have raised.