12.28.2012

Room Re-do's & a New Me

 PLAYROOM:
Just before Christmas I got on a room re-do kick.

It started with the boys' playroom. 

 I figured they'd be getting overloaded with new toys, 
and organizing what they already had just made sense!

 So I rearranged, swept, mopped, re-did the closet, 
and sorted through all their toys to get rid of any old or broken ones.


I hope, in the new year,
to be able to buy a rug & a toybox
for the playroom.


 But even making due with what we have,
I was very happy with the results.


 Logan said, as he walked in when I was done,
"Thanks for the new playroom, mom.
It's amazing!"


MASTER BEDROOM:
 I also was inspired to rearrange our master bedroom.  The bed used to be under the window, which was cold for two reasons. One, our heads were up against the window; and two, the bed blocked the heater.

It definitely feels warmer in our room now, 

 and I am much happier with the set up.
I like the bookshelf being by the couch,

and I like the dresser being near the closet.
I love how rearranging can make all your belongings & furniture feel new! 

NEW ME:
As the new year approaches, I am not only working on organizing my house, I am also working on a new and improved me.  I have been trying to do my hair & make up everyday, or at least every other day.  It makes me feel so much better about myself.  And yesterday I ordered ProActiv for my acne.  It has been awful since we got here, and I am over it!  I have used ProActiv in the past, and it worked wonders.  I am hopeful it will work as well this time around.

I have also been trying to cut down on emotional eating, which is going well so far, and I have been trying to workout.  The flu (which lasted a total of two weeks in our house) threw us off our groove, but we are back at it this week, running 15 minutes each night once the kids are in bed, and last night I threw in 30 crunches, 5 (I'm so bummed I could only do five!) pushups and a 30 second plank.  I am hoping to increase these little exercises each day and {fingers crossed} tone my tummy!

I have also been doing lots of journaling, praying and reading, all of which feels so good to my soul.

I am getting excited for January 1.  
Bring on the resolutions!

3 comments:

Rox said...

I totally feel ya on rearranging. It's important to always work on ourselves and grow. I remember when you moved to Marshall and quit wearing makeup, I thought you'd turn into a cold weather hippie! Haha, that might sound silly but I'm glad you're taking time for yourself. :)

Marilynn Raatz said...

I love the rearranging! You've helped me do that many times, and you definately have a knack for it.
I love that Logan appreciated it!
Good for you for taking care of yourself. I always got "ready" for the day because it made me feel good.
I'm sorry you have to deal with acne. You are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love what you did. Come do our house. Pansy will tell U it is always the SAME. grr
Alida