8.10.2013

sense of peace

 Tonight, after a long, long journey, I am feeling at peace.  Our three boys are sleeping in my sister's baby's room where we are staying;  Josh is out with his dad and brother; and I am uploading pictures from the summer onto the blog for later posts.  I can't wait to share them with you.

 Meanwhile, I am mentally preparing for our departure.  We spent the last week in Montana, arrived back in Washington this morning, will shop & pack tomorrow, have our farewell on Monday, and begin our journey back to Alaska early Tuesday morning.

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself week before last.  I was crying every day about missing my loved ones and being so far away in Alaska.  Then God, as He always does, reminded me that living in Washington, for us, meant my working.  Living in Washington, for us, meant being broke and not living up to our standards.

Alaska is a choice. A hard one.  
...but the right one.

In Alaska, I am able to be the mom I want to be. 

I am able to be home full time.  I don't have to leave them.
I am able to homeschool them, which is my heart's desire.
I am able to be a homemaker, and a committed wife.

Being in Alaska, while challenging and heartbreaking at times, is exactly where God wants me to be.  And knowing that, brings me a great sense of peace.


"For I know the plans I have you," declares the Lord, 
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  
Plans for hope and a good future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Marilynn Raatz said...

I love that scripture. It gives me peace.