12.30.2011

cookies with cousins

 A few days before Christmas Carol had all the grandies (as she calls them) over to make Christmas cookies to hand out to family & neighbors.

That morning the kitchen was all abuzz with big ones & little ones working together to make delicious masterpieces.

 Jack was very concerned, in the beginning, about how messy & sticky he was getting.
Eventually, he got over it!

 And I will tell you that as they licked the sprinkle containers, I had to giggle.  Their older cousins reprimanded them as all the adults just watched & smiled.

 It was fun to watch the older kids try to teach the younger kids how to do things. It made me realize that it's not just me-- three year olds really are hard to teach!

 But once they get the hang of it, they are excited learners!

I was thinking, this making Christmas cookies looks like a dirty job.
Perhaps next year we should call Mike Rowe?

No comments: