11.26.2013

Lessons Learned

1.  Hard won successes taste sweeter than things that are easily achieved.

2. People are more likely to help you if you're polite.

3.  Cocoa just tastes better with whip cream.

4.  The best way to show your love is with your time.

5.  Everyone loves getting mail.

6. Going to sleep on clean sheets is worth the effort of changing them.

7. Writing is the best way for me to get clarity about a situation.

8. When you feel the most alone, God is there.

9. It's hard to change our ways, even if it will make our lives easier.

10. Listening to good music makes any chore better.

*

Today's Daily Gratitude:

My Dad
for working to support our family
& instilling in me a love for the outdoors

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you move to Alaska because that's were your husband found a teaching job available or you were interested before hand? I have a couple of friends that are teachers and went outside USA to Dubai and to Cambodia to teach. More money there too.

Sophia

Rox said...

I totally agree with #1. If it wasn't hard, it wouldn't feel so good to accomplish it. ("It" being whatever applies at the moment.) And #6, clean sheets are the best! I recently bought flannel sheets and wish I would have years ago! The bed is never cold when I get in, they're so soft. You have flannel sheets right? I'd think so, but if you don't, get some! Haha.