5.25.2016

Love Yourself

 As I count down the final ten days of the Summer Slimdown Challenge, I am going to be sharing on Instagram & Facebook (and here on the blog) ten Success Snapshots.  They are the ten things that lead to my success in losing twenty pounds in 8 weeks & feeling a whole heck of a lot better about myself.

Today's Success Snapshot is Love Yourself. 

Know that you have value & are beautiful at every weight & shape. I've been joyful at 215lbs. and I've been miserable at 156lbs. The number doesn't matter-- it's how you feel about yourself that matters. 

"You are altogether beautiful, my love. 
There is no flaw in you." 
-Song of Solomon 4:7


 Since starting this journey toward a healthier, trimmer me, I have found that making myself a priority, taking time to eat right and work out, has made me a happier mama as well as a happier wife.  When I take care of me, and love myself where I am, everyone around me benefits.

 Another aspect of my journey has been body acceptance.  No matter how much weight I lose, I will have stretch marks from three pregnancies, multiple c-section scars and a very funny looking belly button thanks to my laparoscopic gallbladder removal.  But after suffering those miscarriages two years ago, I appreciate my body more than ever for the beautiful, healthy babies it's provided and the strong, healthy pregnancies it did sustain.

So wherever you are starting, love yourself.  Love your body for its ability to hear your loved ones say "I love you" and to walk you out into nature.  Love your body for waking you up in the morning and giving you the gift of another day.

***

No comments: